What is it?
This is an Oculus Rift game (for the DK2), which requires the use of the Razer Hydra. You are a blue cylinder in the middle of a field, with two shields on each of your hands (controlled by the Hydra controllers). Hazards and power ups are constantly spawned and thrown at you, and your goal is to use your shields to block red balls, avoid blue cubes, and collect green balls.
This game was made in Unity 5 and is built for Windows.
How to play
First, make sure you have an Oculus Rift DK2, and you have at least v0.6.0 of the Oculus Runtime.
Second, make sure you have a Razer Hydra and that you've got the drivers installed and everything works.
Make sure you've unzipped the game somewhere and run BallBlocker.exe. The game should start.
The text in front of you will explain everything you need to know, but the quick rundown:
- When the game starts, press the left hydra trigger to initialize it (like the text should say.
- After that, it should say to do the same for the right trigger.
- After that, it should say to press start. When you press start, you should have the controllers in a base neutral position in front of you. You can recalibrate this position at any time by pressing "Start" again on either controller.
- The left shield will tell you what your current score is.
- The right shield will tell you what your current HP is. When this hits 0, the game ends.
- If a red ball hits you, you lose 1 HP.
- If a green ball hits you, you gain 3 HP.
- Blue cubes don't have a score and they don't reduce your HP, but if they hit your shield, you lose control of that shield for two seconds.
- When the game ends, text should appear saying the game is over and it should say you can press a bumper to play again or press "Start" to end the game and return to Windows.